Friday, May 21, 2010

34 Percent

According to this handy dandy site, my body is 34% FAT. Well, that's based on the Navy's formula, the YMCA formula had me up at 39%. I have never liked the Navy until today.

I also learned that while my ideal weight is 147, my healthy range lies between 131-164. Right now I am 180, so there is work to be done.

I am beginning to feel like I need to set my sights on a long term goal, an actual number, but maybe the scale isn't the best indicator. I would really like to get my body fat down to 26% and I wonder what that would look like or feel like or weigh?

Goal number one is the triathlon. Deadline July 11, 2010. Goal number two is our wedding day. Deadline August 21, 2010. Goal number three is to get into a size 7/8. Deadline Thanksgiving 2010.

As for my long term goals, well I haven't set any yet. In part because I have still been giving myself an "out" from all this. That Thanksgiving goal I just mentioned? Yeah, well, I just now, just this VERY moment, came up with it. So far the wedding has been my only long term goal, but as we get closer to August it is becoming clear that I have a decision to make and I will need another goal. I am embarrassed to admit that there is still a part of me that wants an easy out once the cake is cut and the rice is thrown (not sure why I said that, there will be absolutely NO flying rice at our wedding!).

So now that I have a post wedding goal, does that mean no margaritas on the honeymoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment