Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baby Steps

Yesterday I officially decided to enter a triathlon. Yes, a real live race. There is a Trek Series triathlon sprint taking place on July 11, 2010 and I will be swimming, biking and running my way to the finish line. I'm not quite sure how this all came about and if I had a short story to explain it all I would at least try, but this story is long and winding and I'm not even sure where it should begin or if it has a true ending. When I cross the finish line will that be the end of it? I sure hope not, I hope it doesn't end there, because right now I feel better than I have in years. I am using my body again for things other than incubation and lactation. I am pushing myself to go farther and to expect more. I am getting stronger by the day and I feel amazing. So, who knows what will happen once the race is over, but for now I'm still trying to embrace where this new lifestyle is taking me.

I got up at 6am today and did 7.5 miles on the bike and then a 20 minute run. I wanted to see what it felt like to run after a ride and all I can say is I definitely have my WORK cut out for me.

I've been exercising since late January 2010, taking baby steps to get to the point I am now, but this morning's workout made it very clear that I have a long road ahead of me.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and welcome to the Tri-Club. I was terrified before my first (sprint) triathlon because swimming always wears me out! The good news is I didn't drown...feel free to post questions and expect some realistic answers!

    ReplyDelete