Monday, June 14, 2010

The Crawl

Tosa East runs an open swim Monday through Thursday all summer long.
So for $1.50 you can swim and dive to your hearts content from 7-9 pm nearly all week long.
So can everybody else.
And oh how they do!

I suppose a benefit of the large crowd is that it creates a frenzied and chaotic atmosphere, nothing like that of game day, but a glimpse perhaps? No one swam over me, and I didn't get kicked in the face, but I did get a rude awakening as to how much work I have ahead of me regarding the swim portion of the race. Hahahaha, like how I called it a race just now?

I haven't been in a pool since April, and even back then it was nothing fancy, although I was doing a half mile at each swim. I'd breast stroke for one length and then crawl back. Tonight, despite not being in a pool for some time, I was able to crawl the entire time. I really like calling it the "crawl" right now, since that is exactly what I felt like I was doing! Anyways, super math whiz that I am, I crawled along counting me way up to 18 lengths in what felt like a very short time. Wow, I thought, this is a breeze, I OWN THIS.

Forgot about the whole 18 LAPS thing. Which of course knocked the wind right out of my sails, but I didn't let it get me down for too long, oh no, I readjusted the goggles and did the second half of my swim.

I crawled my way to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment