Monday, June 14, 2010

Impossible

Last week I did 30 miles biking and 28 miles running.

I keep a little tally in my training calendar, and could hardly believe my totals yesterday. This is sooooo much more than I ever set out to do. I can't believe the barriers that I am breaking down on a seemingly daily basis or how empowering it feels to realize that the 'impossible' is actually very VERY possible and that I can do it. I CAN DO IT.

Just 4 months ago I couldn't run more than 2 minutes at a time, I weighed 230 pounds and was a size 20. Now, I can run for over an hour (just barely!), am down in the 170's and am trying on size 10's in any dressing room I can get into (shopping IS fun again!).

I'm sorry, but I am amazed by how good I feel and I keep wondering why it took me so long to finally do it? I spent years, YEARS, being overweight and feeling miserable and it only took me four short months to completely turn things around?!?

Now I just have to figure out a way to stay here, to stay in this happy place, to keep breaking down barriers and accomplishing the 'impossible'.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing epiphany, right? :) Keep tooting your own horn -- you deserve every bit of enjoyment you're getting from working so hard to achieve your goal. You look great! I love reading about your successes and your family. :) Keep up the good work!

    Rachel K

    ReplyDelete