Monday, June 28, 2010

So my knee is finally getting better.
Better-ish.
That's the good news. The bad news is that I have missed out on 10 full days of training. Ugh.

Here are a couple of things my knee injury has taught me:
I LOVE running. I am a runner. Every single day that has passed without a run has hurt me, has made me feel anger and impatience and irritation and even sorrow. Weird, right? I didn't know this about myself until now, but I am in fact a runner. Every time I see a runner go past the house it makes my skin crawl a little bit....

I need to start stretching properly.

Icing an injury actually does help.

When I stop exercising I actually eat WORSE. You'd think it would be the other way around, but it's not and I am embarrassed to even list off half the junk I've been inhaling during this down time.

At some point I began thinking of the triathlon as a race. Now that I've been on the "bench" for the past 10 days I doubt that I will be as competetive come "race" day. I'm still going though.
I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely go! Establish a baseline time this year, and improve every year!!!!

    ReplyDelete