Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mini Try

Last night I had my own little mini-triathlon.
I'm sure it's fairly obvious that the knee injury was a bit of a set back, but I've got my game face on and my chin held high (not to mention a recovered knee to boot) and so tonight I gave it a mini-try.

I did a 450 yard swim, a 6 mile bike ride and a 1.5 mile run complete with transitions and my newly purchased "tri-suit" (more on this momentarily...). My final time was 48:33. Not too shabby for a girl with a gimpy knee, not too shabby at all.

Swim~9:22
T1~4:08
Bike~20:11
T2~1:19
Run~13:33

I also did all of this in my new "tri-suit" from REI, which wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be. In fact I looked damn good considering I've given birth to 5 children, 2 of whom came in a combined package of nearly 15 pounds. Not to get off track here or anything, but 6 months ago the very idea of prancing around the neighborhood in full body spandex would have never even been an option. I'm proud of what I've accomplished! I am no super model by any means, and I never will be, but thanks to the training I FEEL like one and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment